GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Biosample Operations Manager 2
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
As a Biosample Operations Manager II, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our biospecimens are of the highest quality and are utilized with corporate integrity and rigor. You are a collaborative team player and demonstrate a strong track record of success in a cross-functional team environment guiding development of complex workflows and processes to meet business goals.
- Work with product teams to plan, organize and execute the handling and management of samples from large scale, prospective studies and commercial samples.
- Implement, and maintain processes for sample management, including development of SOPs, for consistent practices across GRAIL clinical studies.
- Develop study-specific sample management plans and documentation, including, site training materials, and training materials for site personnel performing sample collection, processing, and shipping.
- Interpret internal dashboards representing metrics and trends related to our samples and the state of our clinical programs and present to study teams and management teams as needed to help drive decisions.
- Assist in the development of biosample strategy across multiple clinical programs and ensure its execution in accordance with the requirements of quality, ethical and regulatory guidelines, including ICH/GCP/GLP.
- Create strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to promote an open, collaborative and productive environment.
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences or related field; advanced degree preferred. Additional coursework in clinical trial planning and sample management and execution strongly desired.
- 4+ years experience managing biosample operations activities for large, complex, multi-center clinical studies
- Laboratory experience processing and/or analyzing biological samples preferred
- Strong knowledge in ICH/GCP/GLP and biobanking best practices
- Experience working in a startup environment, supporting complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational issues, and contributing to legal/policy and business issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.