GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Associate Director, Quality Systems Audit
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
As a key member of the Quality Leadership Team, the Associate Director of Quality Systems Audit Management will be responsible with overall leadership and implementation of GRAIL’s Global Audit Management Program (Internal, External, Compliance) designed to address all aspects of the Product Development Lifecycle supporting functions, including: Manufacturing Operations, Clinical Laboratory Operations, Program Management, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Process Engineering, Supplier Quality, Logistics, and Clinical Compliance.
- Interface with individuals at all levels of the organization to conduct audits at specified intervals and report audit findings, facilitate and monitor the life-cycle of audit findings until completion, promote continuous improvement of systems, products, and services, establish and maintain QMS systems that are in conformance with international and local requirements.
- Manage and support the external regulatory compliance inspections (CAP, NYSDOH, FDA), responses, and action implementation follow up, support internal audits by acting as an auditor or driving completion of audit actions when required and analyze and monitor quality data to identify potential high risks and implement necessary actions to mitigate compliance and product risk.
- Provide guidance to assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Quality Management Systems to ensure the organization functions effectively and efficiently in order to ensure a high level of Regulatory Compliance and to achieve Company goals, objectives, and policies as well as satisfy customer requirements.
- Develops and provides inspection execution related training in support of compliance systems and quality improvements.
- Partners with various internal and external groups to help analyze problems, identify and communicate options, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Disseminates audit findings to senior management as required by the Corporate Quality System Audit Program.
- Provides extensive regulatory expertise as needed to support Quality System improvement initiatives.
- Develops and creates audit reports, coordinates action plans, and follow-up with auditee to assure prompt and adequate completion of agreed upon actions.
- Establishes and conducts sectional readiness training for GRAIL functions.
- Serves as GMP subject matter expert (SME) for regulatory inspections, as needed.
- Leads contracted 3rd party audit activities used for supporting the Corporate Quality System Audit Program.
- Responsible for technical development of personnel, leading others through audits and ensuring the quality of deliverables within their purview. Supports corporate functions with expertise and assistance as they undergo 3rd party investigations is also required.
- Establishes/maintains effective cross-functional team communications to advance quality activities.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Directly responsible for ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of this audit program. Assists with inspection activities (preparation, conduct, and responses) for Quality System inspections required by the Corporate Quality Systems Audit Program, which includes auditing company manufacturing sites and corporate quality system functions encompassed at various GRAIL facilities.
- Coaches/mentors staff as a means to ensure performance and professional development.
- Helps development and reporting of quality and compliance metrics related to Compliance audit activities.
- Hiring, managing, developing, retaining, coaching and mentoring staff including setting individual and team goals and conducting performance reviews.
Your Background Should Include:
- BA/BS and a minimum of 10+ years in Quality Assurance.
- Minimum of 10 years of GMP auditing work experience in the medical device, pharmaceutical, or biotech industry. Experience in medical devices, manufacturing IVD, clinical diagnostic, CLIA or similar experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of good manufacturing, strong understanding of FDA/ICH regulations and Quality Systems; Solid background in Quality Assurance/Systems.
- Outstanding auditing skills and attention to detail with audit program implementation including interpreting regulations, guidelines, and identification of compliance issues.
- Demonstrated broad expertise related to the principles and application of quality and regulatory compliance.
- Displays highly developed organizational leadership qualities and effective coaching abilities.
- Listening, interpreting, and summarizing information skills must be highly developed
- Excellent communication and writing skills; Proactive, energetic, self-assured professional with high personal integrity and ability to develop good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and incorporating multiple points of view.
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.