GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Research Associate 2 - IVD
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Research Associate for the R&D IVD product development team to contribute to the development, optimization and validations of assays for early cancer detection. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and execution of experiments and data analysis with the guidance of senior scientists. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, strong team player with experience in nucleic acid assay development and data analysis. Experience working on regulated products and under design control is important.
- Develop experiment plans to support study objectives
- Test and optimize custom protocols
- Execute R&D experiments to generate high quality data
- Document experimental details and results and perform preliminary data analysis
- Present data in technical meetings and assist in writing study reports
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with best practices for assay and instrument operation, safety, and result documentation
Your Background Will Include:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or relevant disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of industry or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Illumina NGS workflows
- Experience developing and optimizing new assay protocols
- Proficient with basic molecular biology laboratory techniques
- Experience with statistical programming and software (e.g., R, JMP) a plus
- Attention to detail, safety, good laboratory practice, and good documentation practice
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast paced and dynamic environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.