Independent medical education (IME) grants
Independent Medical Education (IME) is defined as education for healthcare professionals (HCPs) provided by an independent educational provider, such as a community hospital, academic center, society/association, or medical education company.
NOTE: Applications for funding must be submitted at least 60 days before a decision is requested.
For a transparency listing of GRAIL-supported independent activities – please click here.
Identified through independent assessment, our objectives of interest include, but are not limited to:
Multi-Cancer Early Detection
- Education on the latest in cancer biology (eg, methylation and cell-free DNA [cfDNA]) and cancer control through early detection methods
- Education on the current recommended screening guidelines (benefits, limitations, value) and emerging science for cancer control through early detection (eg, disparity reduction, population-scale management, integration and value of technology, and multi-cancer early detection)
- Supporting the development of tools to enable clinical integration and workflow optimization of the latest cancer control and detection methods
- Organization must be an accredited educational organization, certified through a recognized accreditation council (eg, ACCME).
- Organization must be in good standing with any and all accrediting organizations for which work will be performed
- Neither the organization nor any of its owners, officers, or directors are excluded or debarred from participating in any government program.
- Organization is appropriately firewalled from any affiliated sister or parent organization that provides strategy, marketing, or commercial services to GRAIL and its partners.
- Organization must have appropriate experience for the requested program and audience; and must be able to provide examples with outcomes.
Importantly, submission of educational proposals that meet educational objectives by organizations that meet eligibility requirements does not guarantee approval nor that a grant will be awarded.
Responsibility and control over the selection, content, faculty, educational methods, materials, and venue for an independent medical education event belongs solely to the educational provider. GRAIL will not provide any advice or guidance to the independent medical education provider regarding the content or faculty for any program that has received funding.
To inquire further please reach out to email@example.com
Thank you for considering GRAIL for the support of your educational program.