Independent medical education (IME) grants
Independent Medical Education (IME) is defined as education for healthcare professionals (HCPs) provided by an independent educational provider, such as a community hospital, academic center, society/association, or medical education company.
NOTE: Applications for funding must be submitted at least 60 days before a decision is requested.
For a transparency listing of GRAIL-supported independent activities – please click here.
Identified through independent assessment, our objectives of interest include, but are not limited to:
Multi-Cancer Early Detection
- The science and technology behind multi-cancer screening tests and criteria for how to differentiate amongst new and emerging blood-based screening tests
- Barrier reduction methods to improve population-scale cancer screening, including health and sociodemographic disparities
- Tools for redesigning the clinical workflow, including where multi-cancer screening is possible, to optimize patient outcomes and ensure continuity of care
- Organization must be an accredited educational organization, certified through a recognized accreditation council (eg, ACCME).
- Organization must be in good standing with any and all accrediting organizations for which work will be performed
- Neither the organization nor any of its owners, officers, or directors are excluded or debarred from participating in any government program.
- Organization is appropriately firewalled from any affiliated sister or parent organization that provides strategy, marketing, or commercial services to GRAIL and its partners.
- Organization must have appropriate experience for the requested program and audience; and must be able to provide examples with outcomes.
Importantly, submission of educational proposals that meet educational objectives by organizations that meet eligibility requirements does not guarantee approval nor that a grant will be awarded.
Responsibility and control over the selection, content, faculty, educational methods, materials, and venue for an independent medical education event belongs solely to the educational provider. GRAIL will not provide any advice or guidance to the independent medical education provider regarding the content or faculty for any program that has received funding.
Thank you for considering GRAIL for the support of your educational program.