Independent Medical Education (IME) Grants
Independent Medical Education (IME) is defined as education for healthcare professionals (HCPs) provided by an independent educational provider, such as a community hospital, academic center, society/association or medical education company.
NOTE: Applications for funding must be submitted at least 60 days before a decision is requested. To apply for funding, please send a completed proposal to email@example.com.
GRAIL is committed to funding innovative and impactful education to support practicing healthcare professionals and the communities of care that they manage within our areas of interest.
GRAIL is currently supporting education focused on the topic of multi-cancer early detection.
Objectives of Interest (identified through literature assessment) include, but are not limited to:
- Education on the latest in cancer biology (e.g., methylation and cfDNA) and cancer control through early detection methods
- Education on the current recommended screening guidelines (benefits, limitations, value) and emerging science for cancer control through early detection (e.g., population-scale management, integration and value of technology, and multi-cancer early detection)
- Support the development of tools to enable clinical integration and workflow optimization of the latest cancer control and detection methods
- Organization must be an accredited educational organization, certified through a recognized accreditation council (eg, ACCME).
- Organization must be in good standing with any and all accrediting organizations for which work will be performed.
- Neither the organization nor any of its owners, officers, or directors are excluded or debarred from participating in any government program.
- Organization is appropriately firewalled from any affiliated sister or parent organization that provides strategy, marketing, or commercial services to GRAIL and its partners.
- Organization must have appropriate experience for the requested program and audience; and must be able to provide examples with outcomes.
- Organizations who receive GRAIL funding must have a non-discrimination policy that prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, gender, gender expression and/or identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected status.
- Needs assessment with appropriately linked educational objectives tied to referenced and /or assessed healthcare gaps
- Educational methodology, strategy, and related tactics tied to the educational objectives
- The faculty recruitment and audience generation plan
- Objective outcomes assessment plan linked to the educational objectives
- An anticipated agenda and/or line of content
- Examples of potential marketing or promotional materials for the program
- A timeline and implementation plan
- A publication plan (if applicable)
- A detailed budget for the anticipated activity
Importantly, submission of educational proposals by organizations that meet eligibility requirements who meet educational objectives do not guarantee approval nor that grant will be awarded.
Responsibility and control over the selection, content, faculty, educational methods, materials, and venue for an independent medical education event belongs solely to the educational provider. GRAIL will not provide any advice or guidance to the independent medical education provider regarding the content or faculty for any program that has received funding.
To inquire further please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering GRAIL for the support of your educational program.