GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
Jobs at GRAIL are posted regularly. If you see a position you’re interested in, please follow the instructions to apply.
Not finding the perfect opportunity for you? Propose your own role and let us know what you can add to our team.
Equipment Engineering Technician
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
As an Equipment Engineering Technician, you are responsible for supporting laboratory equipment management procedures, in alignment to our internal Quality Management System, to ensure better performance within Laboratory Operations. This will include global laboratory equipment support, sustainment, and operations activities across Production/Clinical, Product Development, Research and Development laboratories, in accordance with CLIA/CAP, FDA, cGMP and/or GLP guidelines.
- Support global laboratory equipment documentation by maintaining internal equipment records into our database/repository.
- Assist with internal laboratory equipment inventory processes and procedures.
- Support Equipment Management process lifecycle for new equipment acquisitions, equipment transfers, and equipment decommission.
- Document and perform laboratory equipment Calibration, Preventive Maintenance (PM), Repairs, IOPQ, validation and other equipment lifecycle processes to support a regulated lab.
- Assist in the writing and editing of SOPs.
- Respond to all Equipment Engineering ticketing requests in a timely manner to minimize downtime.
- Laboratory equipment troubleshooting and root cause investigation for service and repair.
- Work with the Laboratory Operations team to execute on equipment related tasks.
- Serve as a point of contact for vendor service calls service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on instruments with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities, including calibration/preventive maintenance, with approved service provider.
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support automation.
- Maintain and administer the equipment and room temperature monitoring system.
Your Background Should Include:
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience supporting a regulated laboratory setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Scientific Discipline.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve issues.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to promote a positive team environment.
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can independently manage projects and day-to-day work tasks to completion according to schedule.
- Adaptability in a frequently-changing environment.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and responsibility.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent organizational and verbal communication skills are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.