GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Senior Automation Engineer (Liquid Handling & Assay Development)
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Senior Automation Engineer will join a team responsible for transitioning manual workflows and processes on to semi/fully automated robotics platforms as appropriate and provide ongoing support of these systems. The Automation Engineer will primarily interact with scientists, software developers and end users to bring automation technologies into day-to-day laboratory operations. The ideal candidate will be experienced in liquid handling robotic platforms and NGS assay workflows.
- Transition manual workflows onto automated liquid handlers
- Configure, program and troubleshoot laboratory automated platforms
- Optimize existing automated processes to improve efficiency, throughput, robustness and quality
- Provide support for existing equipment and coordinate vendor support as required
- Author, execute and document test plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for automated workflows
- Coordinate with different cross functional team members and execute projects in a timely manner
- Monitor and evaluate new and emerging technologies in laboratory automation systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your Background Will Include:
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, chemistry, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience in automation and liquid handling
- Proficiency in both writing and optimizing scripts on automated liquid handling platforms (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman, etc.,)
- Experience with writing and executing test protocols
- Experience with NGS methods is highly desirable
- Analytical, creative thinker, ability to solve problems
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Highly energetic and self-motivated. Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in a clinically regulated environment is highly desirable
- Excellent written and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.