GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Key Accounts Director/Associate Director (Northeast or Southeast)
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Key Accounts Director to establish and integrate GRAIL products and services, with health systems and other key accounts. This individual will possess the capabilities to fully represent GRAIL’s overall product portfolio and technological platform at a health system and/or payor level and evolve our value proposition to surpass the account’s needs. Developing business relationships with key influencers and executives while creating an engaging and sustainable customer experience with our key accounts is critical to success. It is anticipated that GRAIL will hire several of these positions, geographically dispersed across the United States (with specific geographies to be determined.)
- Network with various stakeholders across the account and in the market and develop a breadth and depth of relationships within each account to ensure an understanding of each account’s objectives, goals, drivers and challenges
- Profile key accounts to understand the quality and economic flow, and define precision medicine/genomics decision-making processes
- Understand and anticipate the account's goal and needs across the system of care and to identify opportunities to develop and deliver resources
- Prepare integrated account plans to help identify challenges to successful customer interactions, implementing the right internal mechanism as appropriate to mitigate them
- Work to ensure the account’s needs are appropriately met to ensure GRAIL delivers a patient-focused customer experience
- Collaborate with payer access and marketing team to bring the voice of the customer in development of GRAIL product and technology value propositions
- Develop and own key accounts through strong collaboration and strategic coordination with other GRAIL roles that also support the accounts
- Manage account’s evolution and any potential impact to GRAIL’s strategy and monitor and ensure alignment across GRAIL on each Account’s business position
- Understand current state and emerging trends in business operations affecting practice management such as Annual Report, payer initiatives, EMR capabilities, and clinical care pathway development
- Maintain a future focus on emerging trends and patient care needs in cancer early detection, uncovering and reporting underlying issues that may inform broad or account-specific strategies
- Ensure access to GRAIL's products are achieved and in a compliant manner
Your Background Will Include:
- BS/BA degree preferably with a science/ healthcare major and/or advanced science, public health or allied healthcare degree
- Minimum of 10 years with demonstrated strong account management experience leading substantive revenue generating accounts
- Demonstrated success implementing product and service solutions with health systems or health plans in prior roles
- Ability to build and develop customer relationships including the ability to effectively represent GRAIL and its products to senior levels of management and key thought leaders
- Innovative thinking and exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts including the laws, regulations and policies that govern marketing and sales activities and the importance of compliance in all job-related function
- Ability to understand, distill and communicate complex scientific and public health related concepts
- Experience in partnership models with health systems and payers
- Health system, oncology and diagnostic experience preferred
- Track record of working with objective based goals and success in achieving them
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.