GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Senior Software Engineer
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
As senior software engineer at GRAIL you’ll enjoy working on a broad array of software systems and projects. We pride ourselves on building effective, efficient, easy to use and scalable software systems to address GRAIL’s many computational and automation related challenges.
Quality and operational excellence are our joint responsibility. Each team member has ownership of the quality our products from design, through implementation, testing and production. We review code before check-in, have thorough unit and integration tests, continuous integration and reproducible production deployments that we jointly operate.
- Cloud (Amazon, Google) automation and service development.
- Data storage design, APIs and associated large scale data processing systems and algorithms.
- Compression techniques and algorithms; algorithm design, implementation, and optimization for processing DNA sequencing data.
- LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems), lab robotics and automation management systems
- EDC (Electronic Data Capture) System for conducting Clinical Studies
- Mobile and web application development, user interface design and user experience research.
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics or similar technical field.
- At least 5 years of industry experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining software.
- Interest in human biology and genetics (many engineers on our team have no prior experience in the life science industry.)
- Extensive experience in any of these areas: distributed systems, databases, security, storage, networking, web applications, UI or automation.
- Experience with next generation sequencing data analysis (DNA, RNA, or epigenetic analysis.)
- Demonstrated experience with and track record of learning new programming languages and technologies. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.