GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Software Quality Engineer (Contract)
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
Grail is hiring a software quality engineer to assist us in the automated and manual testing of our LIMS and EDC software platforms. This role will be responsible for ensuring high quality product releases by developing comprehensive test plans, finding, tracking and resolving bugs. This will include working cross functionally with Grail’s software, lab operations and clinical teams. This individual will embed with our software engineering team and provide the foundation for a larger quality team in the future.
- Develop manual test plans that will establish product quality standards for our development process.
- Build and manage our testing library.
- Find and document bugs.
- Improve testing infrastructure with accountability and scalability in mind.
- Implement and execute test plans.
- Be a user advocate.
- Participate in the development of technical tools and documentation to expedite deployment, and improve customer experience.
Your Background Should Include:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience testing enterprise software, preferably in the life science industry.
- Strong attention to detail and consistency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills and the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team of engineers and scientists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.