GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
As an Application Architect at GRAIL, you’ll enjoy working on a broad array of software systems and projects. We pride ourselves on building effective, efficient, easy to use and scalable software systems to address GRAIL’s many computational and automation related challenges.
You Will Be:
- Understanding software workflows for GRAIL products, studies, and internal tools across multiple distributed systems.
- Designing and communicating the application architecture required to support across multiple teams and systems.
- Understanding behaviors and dependencies among systems in order to identify an optimal breakdown into modular, reusable microservices.
- Participating in the development and maintenance of application architecture guiding principles, policies, best practices, and standards.
- Driving best practices for scaling, monitoring, logging, reliability, and security.
- Mentoring and teaching other team members to help improve their skills and elevate the software organization.
Your Background Includes:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical field.
- At least 15+ years of industry work experience designing, developing, and maintaining full-stack applications and microservice ecosystems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure. AWS certifications, especially Pro Solutions Architect.
- Experience with database migration, performance tuning, and optimization.
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry.
- Experience managing PHI and other clinical data in a HIPAA-compliant environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.