GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Sr. Clinical Lab Associate/ Clinical Lab Associate II
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Senior Clinical Laboratory Associate/Clinical Laboratory Associate II is responsible for assisting the Clinical Laboratory Scientists and supporting the daily operations of the Clinical Laboratory. Senior Clinical Laboratory Associate/Clinical Laboratory Associate II may serve as a team lead to the CLA team to coordinate tasks, divide workload, manage projects and review documents as assigned. Senior Clinical Laboratory Associate has demonstrated the skills and competency to assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientists in automated sample processing and in all other support functions. He/she has demonstrated a good understanding of laboratory workflow.
The Senior Clinical Laboratory Associate must exhibit leadership skills and serve as a team lead, trainer and mentor to the CLA team when assigned, the ability to remain professional and composed under pressure, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the laboratory and across departments.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
- Responsible for maintaining sufficient inventory of materials, supplies, and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Check, monitor, and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiate a service request as necessary.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Perform annual review of standard operating procedures.
- Assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientist with preparation and aliquoting of reagents.
- Assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientist during patient testing.
- Participate in projects under the supervision of a CLS or Supervisor along with maintaining quality and efficient work flow of daily duties.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits and inspection preparation, as needed.
- Manage of organizing and maintaining laboratory, equipment, personnel, and training documents.
- Set-up the Hamilton and assist with Hamilton automated procedures.
- Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled and performed.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Work closely with the CLS and Accessioning Teams to provide consistent and ongoing support to the entire service department.
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Provide guidance for new Clinical Laboratory Associates, give constructive feedback, and provide peer review feedback for evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Background Should Include:
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or a related field preferred.
- At least 2 - 5 years of related experiences in a high complexity laboratory.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the analytical sample processing steps and in all other supporting functions.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly and honestly.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to participate in projects and complete assignments as expected.
- Flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory.
- Ability to analyze and solve basic issues.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Laboratory testing experience within the last five years preferred
- High volume laboratory experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.