GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Clinical Laboratory Associate
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Clinical Laboratory Associate (CLA) is responsible for assisting the Clinical Laboratory Scientist and supporting the daily operations of the Clinical Laboratory. CLA may serve as a team lead to the CLA team to coordinate tasks, divide workload, manage projects and review documents as assigned. The work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask, be flexible with tasks and schedules and ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Assist in analytical testing activities including specimen processing, quality control, and preparation and aliquoting of reagents according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment according to laboratory standard operating.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve instrument issues.
- Check, monitor and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiates a service request as necessary.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining Clinical Laboratory records.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Perform and document routine preventive maintenance.
- Support on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled and performed.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Manager or Safety Officer.
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Participate in introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation.
- Participate and comply with Quality and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional teams responsible for securing CLIA certification, CAP accreditation, and state licensure for the GRAIL Clinical Laboratory, including compliance with all applicable standards and regulations.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and non-laboratory personnel.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Perform other laboratory duties as needed.
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly and honestly.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to participate in projects and complete assignments as expected.
- Flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation.
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary.
- Some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.