GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
Jobs at GRAIL are posted regularly. If you see a position you’re interested in, please follow the instructions to apply.
Not finding the perfect opportunity for you? Propose your own role and let us know what you can add to our team.
Core Services Research Associate 1/2
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking Research Associates I/II for the LabOps Core Services team, who will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient execution of GRAIL assays in support of Research and Development activities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, dynamic team player with experience in both automated and manual NGS assay execution. The candidate will be expected to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Quality, Supply Chain, Biosample Operations, and Clinical Lab - to ensure the successful completion of R&D projects and general Operational support.
- Execute on forecasted R&D experiments ranging from reagent evaluation and qualification to general data generation activities.
- Execute on automated and manual sample preparation and NGS assays.
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GLP, including results and methodology.
- Aid in the investigation of potential quality issues (both internal and external) and work with Quality to resolve Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials.
- Have excellent personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation.
Your Background Should Include:
- B.S required in a relevant field.
- 1+ years of experience in Next Generation Sequencing assays and workflows preferred.
- Experience with Automated sample preparation workflows is a plus.
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology laboratory techniques including but not limited to (e.g. pipetting, SPRI, PCR, qPCR).
- Familiarity with nucleic acids extraction techniques and quantification devices (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR) is a plus.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, innovative, and creative thinker.
- General computer skills and proficiency in GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.