GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
As an Equipment Engineer, you will provide site-wide support for laboratory operations activities in compliance to internal equipment management procedures. Responsibilities will include the installation, maintenance and performance of cutting edge laboratory equipment along with documenting activities in accordance with regulatory compliance guidelines. This position will be expected to work in close collaboration with the Clinical Laboratory staff along with Research and Development teams. Strong interpersonal and troubleshooting skills are essential for success in this position.
- Support and maintain laboratory equipment is in good working condition and in compliance equipment management regulatory standards
- Respond to laboratory equipment related issues in a timely and intelligent manner
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on laboratory equipment
- Author and maintain technical documents including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and equipment Maintenance Forms
- Coordinate schedule between clinical laboratory and equipment providers to minimize downtime
- Provide training materials and assist with training of operators on the use of new equipment and processes.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure laboratory equipment site requirements are met before installation of new equipment
- Support automated laboratory equipment, temperature monitoring system, and equipment documentation activities
- Coordinate laboratory equipment Calibration, Preventative Maintenance (PM), Repairs, IOPQ, validation and other equipment lifecycle processes to support a regulated lab
Your Background Should Include:
- BS/BA or equivalent in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or Life Sciences
- 0-2yrs of experience working with laboratory equipment
- Experience working in a clinically regulated or FDA environment is highly desirable
- Attention to detail, basic understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.