GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Sr. Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist II
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Sr. Clinical Laboratory Scientist/ Clinical Laboratory Scientist II will assist in building and establishing GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory and perform high-complexity testing, interpretation, and reporting of patient specimens at GRAIL’s new facility in Durham, North Carolina. We are looking for exceptional individuals who are motivated to be part of our first group of experienced Clinical Laboratory Scientists to build out a new commercial laboratory and provide training to team members.
- Perform analytical testing activities including specimen testing, quality control, validation studies, troubleshooting, and training according to the laboratory’s established standard operating procedures.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment according to the laboratory’s established standard operating procedures.
- Identify, document, and investigate all issues when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Participate and comply with Quality and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist in building and establishing GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory.
- Participate on cross-functional teams responsible for implementation of new products, process improvements, and troubleshooting activities in the Clinical Laboratory.
- Participate on cross-functional teams responsible for securing CLIA certification, CAP accreditation, and state licensure for the GRAIL Clinical Laboratory, including compliance with all applicable standards and regulations.
Your Background Should Include:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field and at least 2 - 4 years of clinical lab experience
- 2+ years of experience will be considered for Clinical Lab Scientist II; 4+ years of experience will be considered for Sr. Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- ASCP certification is preferred
- Experience in molecular biology techniques preferred
- Experienced in automation procedures is preferred
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations preferred
- Working knowledge of CLIA/CAP regulations and best practices for conducting LDTs for clinical application.
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in a cross-functional team environment.
- Molecular diagnostics industry experience, including familiarity with next-generation sequencing assays is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.