GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Laboratory Technician I/II
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Laboratory Technician I/II for the R&D Laboratory Management team, who will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of GRAIL Research and Development activities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, dynamic team player with experience in both automated and manual molecular biology workflows combined with strong interest in NGS methodologies. The candidate will be expected to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Supply Chain, Biosample Operations, and Clinical Lab - to ensure the successful completion of R&D projects and general Operational support.
- Execute and monitor regular maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform inventory control compliant with 5S methodology.
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness in compliance with the Hygiene Plan.
- Draft and review operational documentation.
- Execute on automated and manual sample preparation and NGS assays.
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials.
- Perform data analysis and present it to small and large teams.
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GLP, including results and methodology.
- Have excellent personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation.
Your Background Should Include:
- B.S required in a relevant scientific field.
- 1-5 years of experience in basic molecular biology laboratory techniques.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid handling (e.g., SPRI and PCR) and quantification techniques (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR).
- Familiarity with manual and automated NGS protocols.
- Experience with Automated sample preparation workflows is a plus.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, innovative, and creative thinker.
- General computer skills and proficiency in GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.