GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Medical Writer II/Senior Medical Writer
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is seeking a Medical Writer II/Senior Medical Writer to join the Medical Communications team in the Medical Affairs (MA) department to develop high-quality, scientifically accurate medical communications materials (eg, manuscripts, abstracts) for dissemination to a variety of audiences. The ideal candidate is a clear and precise writer, detail-oriented, driven, independent, and able to respond quickly to evolving needs. Although remote candidates will be considered, candidates based in the Menlo Park, California, office (after COVID-19 restrictions have lifted) will be preferred. This role will report to the Lead Medical Writer/Director of Medical Communications in the Medical Affairs Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with GRAIL’s Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Research and Development, and Biostatistics and Data Science teams to develop peer-reviewed publications (manuscripts) and conference materials (abstracts, posters, presentations)
- Under the direction of the Director of Medical Communication, draft and edit manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Draft and edit abstracts, posters, and slide decks for presentation at scientific and medical congresses
- Work collaboratively to incorporate/adjudicate comments from internal and external stakeholders through document development to produce final high-quality deliverables
- Potential to participate in the writing, editing, and confirmation of the scientific and medical accuracy of non-peer-reviewed materials, potentially including investigator slide decks, internally-facing medical education materials, marketing materials (including white papers), FAQ documents, Q&A documents, one-pagers, field medical materials, or potentially other medical, clinical, and regulatory documents
- Critically analyze complex data and information and collaborate with clinical, medical, and biostatistics/data science teams on data analysis, description, and presentation
- Collaborate with graphic designers or other vendors to develop related graphics and figures.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and with external service providers to ensure the timely development, review, and publication of documents
- Ensure that publication development and all materials produced are in compliance with current relevant guidelines, including but not limited to the ICMJE and GPP3, as well as GRAIL policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain in-depth scientific, medical, and technical knowledge relevant to GRAIL’s clinical studies and pipeline
- Have a demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communications describing scientific and clinical data in English
- An advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD) with at least 3 years of experience in medical/publication writing in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device, medical communication agency, or CRO industries (time spent writing in graduate school or in a post-doctoral role excluded), OR
- A MS degree with at least 6 years of experience (time spent writing in graduate school excluded), OR
- Equivalent experience demonstrating sufficient expertise
- Experience writing, editing, reviewing, and formatting manuscripts, abstracts, poster presentations, and slide decks
- Excellent writing ability with strong editorial and formatting skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- An independently motivated working style with good problem-solving skills allowing analysis, synthesis, and compilation of data from a broad range of disciplines
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work simultaneously on multiple projects, and complete high-quality documents according to timelines
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, cohesive, collaborative team-oriented work environment
- A background in molecular biology/genomics, oncology, cell-free nucleic acids, or diagnostics a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies (“Agency”), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings (“Agreement”). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team.