GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Director Software Quality Assurance (DSQA)
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Director, Software Quality Assurance (DSQA) works under the direct supervision of the Vice President, Quality. The (DSQA) leads a team of software quality engineers to ensure that GRAIL’s development process and products meet well-defined standards of quality. The role is empowered to establish the required thresholds GRAIL’s software must meet in order to be released. Qualified candidates recognize that QA is both a science and an art and is a distinct professional discipline that requires continuous learning and training, with a focus on performance, scalability, maintainability, reliability, usability and security.
- The primary responsibility is to lead quality efforts to deliver software on time, within budget in a way that is aligned with GRAIL’s corporate strategy
- Define, train, enforce and execute standards and compliance, results-based key performance indicators (KPI’s), root cause analysis and defect prevention techniques, test standards and reports
- Hire, mentor and motivate a team of world class software quality engineers that promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Access product, compliance and operational risks and develop strategies that align with broader strategic priorities
- Communicate an engaging quality mission to each key functional area to inspire proactive attention within GRAIL
- Develop and execute a reliability strategy, ensuring that appropriate verification and validation testing are being executed to ensure functional requirements are met
- Drive direction for manual and automated test strategies across multiple environments
- Manage and improve development of automated test cases to increase reliability, predictability, and manageability of deployed solutions on on-prem and cloud environments
- Develop standard processes to document software defects using a defect tracking system and regularly triaging defects; developing tools and reports to monitor defect resolution efforts and track successesCollaborate with software development leaders and teams to establish release criteria
- Work with VP, Quality to define and continuously improve quality standards and processes
- Accountable for overall team performance measured by execution on release commitments
Your Background Will Include:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience of SW testing and release management in a dynamic, regulated environment with a strong focus on test automation
- Bachelor of Science degree in software engineering, computer science, or similar educational/experience equivalent
- Industry experience within in vitro diagnostics (IVD) highly preferred; pharmaceutical, biologics or medical device experience also acceptable
- Previous laboratory experience or research background preferred
- Thorough knowledge of FDA Regulations under 21 CFR 820 and 21 CFR 812, GCP, ICH guidelines and other US and international clinical regulatory requirements
- Proven experience in design, creation, and execution of automated test cases across all stages of product development
- Exceptional experience in developing test plans and test cases by analyzing user stories, participating in design reviews, and collaborating with the development teams
- Minimum of 5 years quality assurance management with proven success in delivering large and complex software projects supporting multiple engineering teams
- Proven SW Development Life Cycle (SDLC) background and experience, familiarity and direct experience with Agile development methodologies, including SCRUM, KANBAN and XP practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Solid experience working with modern test automation technologies
- Experience hiring, mentoring and coaching top quality engineering talent
- Wide and lateral communication skills with the ability to demonstrate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Ability to travel as required (up to 25%)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.