GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is using the power of high-intensity sequencing,population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology and to develop and commercialize pioneering products for the early detection of cancer.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realizing our mission, which has the potential to alleviate the global burden of cancer.
In search of the right opportunity for you? Apply to GRAIL to be considered for future roles!
Staff/Senior Statistical Programmer Analyst
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is located in Menlo Park, California. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Senior or Staff Statistical Analyst contributes to the analysis of clinical study data through their statistical programming expertise. This individual will develop programs for and maintain complete and auditable documentation of the analysis of GRAIL’s clinical studies.
- Provide statistical programming support to pre-defined and exploratory analysis, formal reports, publications, presentations, and new statistical methodologies
- Work closely with biostatisticians to create data and analysis program specifications based on the statistical analysis plan (SAP)
- Maintain complete and auditable programming documentation for analysis of clinical studies
- Contribute to the development, documentation and maintenance of a reusable programming code library
- Serve as a member of clinical study teams
- Have opportunities to work with data scientists closely on machine learning projects
- Have opportunities to work on engineering-oriented projects like dashboarding and scaling up efforts with large-scale genomic data
- May have opportunities to act as a biostatistician on small-scale projects
- Stay abreast of industry developments in the Statistical Programming field and apply to appropriate systems and processes
Your Background Will Include:
- 5+ years statistical programming experience in academia or industry. Molecular diagnostics industry experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience will be considered for senior level
- B.S. or M.S in Statistics or related field
- Proficient in R or Python or SAS
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory rules and guidelines, e.g., ICH, GCP, HIPAA
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with demonstrated track record of success in cross-functional team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.